Tuesday, October 02, 2018

No. I live in Springfield, Illinois.

Last year I also signed up at Kelly Services online, went in and took their tests and performed moderately well on their Microsoft Office tests. I get regular updates from Kelly Services via email, but all the jobs they list on their updates are from every state except Illinois. Are they being funny?

Then recently the Illinois Department of Employment Services has been sending me notifications about hiring events not in Springfield, but in Decatur. Their system must be automated but they need to work on their algorithms.

I couldn't figure out what was going on. I thought it was me, but then just the other day Fox Illinois 55/27, the television station posted a news story on their website: Report: Springfield 9th slowest-growing city in U.S.

Aha! That must be why I never hear from local employment agencies. But get this: According to the report, the city with the lowest overall ranking for growth in the United States is... That's right, Decatur, Illinois.

No comments:

Post a Comment