Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Applying for work online can be troublesome

I went to Lowe's for some replacement parts. While I was checking out I casually mentioned I previously worked there and was wondering if there was a position open in the Building Materials department.

One of the Customer Service Associates said that someone had transferred from there to the flooring department so a position might be available.

I came home to go online and fill out an application for that position, but it wasn't posted on Lowe's website. I figured 'well it won't hurt to just submit an application' but they make it impossible because they would be flooded with and endless stream of online applications.

I walked into the Capital City Center on Mason Street with my CMS-100 form filled out, just to submit my information, but you can't proactively submit any information without a specific position. There was a time when you could submit your CMS-100 online, but they've since turned that off.

No comments:

Post a Comment