Tuesday, October 02, 2018

What's with Hy-Vee?

A job search engine to which I subscribe sends me a flurry of notifications about jobs opening at Hy-Vee, but over the last few months many of the same positions keep reappearing.

The increased frequency of turnover suggests an increase of intolerable stress, especially for a company that's supposed to be "employee owned."

I applied for a job there as a night stocker. At the interview they looked at my aging obese body and said "we like to people to hustle." Then they fast-walked me back to the service desk.

I've seen how the employees hustle, some employees are much heavier and slower than me, but they were younger. Despite the fact they would have received a tax credit for hiring a veteran, they sent me a rejection email.

No, I'm not going to tell you which store.

No comments:

Post a Comment