- CNN Money: Workers over 50 are the new 'unemployables'
I uploaded my resume and applied for work at these sites for years, but I think 35 is the new cutoff point where employees are less and less desirable as they get older.
- Apply Now - HRCenter
- Express Employment Professionals
- USAJOBS - The Federal Government's official employment site
- IDES - Home
- Illinois Job Department - Your Source For Illinois Job Information
- Career Opportunities: Home
- US.jobs - National Labor Exchange - USA Jobs Search Engine
- Food Jobs and Careers in the Food Industry | CareersInFood.com
- Job Search - Millions of Jobs Hiring Near You | ZipRecruiter
- CareerBliss - Search Jobs, Salaries and Company Reviews | CareerBliss
- Beyond.com | The Career Network | A better way to manage your career.
- Alice Campbell Staffing - Springfield, Illinois
- Thumbtack - Consider it done
Despite my stellar qualifications, exemplary military service record and grade point average and my not having any kind of criminal record, Nobody wants me. I even applied for a dish washing job at MCL and never heard back.
If I didn't have the support of my family I would be dead by now, but thing may be looking up now. No wait, the following article was from June of 2016:
- CNN Money (again): The Suddenly Hot Job Market for Workers Over 50
- The Week: How to get a job when you're over 50
- Huffington Post: Over 50 And Unemployed: I Know, You’re Invisible
- Net-Temps: Over 50 and Unemployed. There is Hope!
- Daily Plate of Crazy: Over 50, Unemployed, Depressed and Powerless
- Washington Free Beacon: Labor Force Participation Has Not Returned to Pre-Recession Levels for Americans With No Degree