Thursday, December 18, 2008

Day 3

It's only been three days since I got the notice. The notice said "immediately." and I was done.

I was told that it was not a performance issue, and I accept that. I'm not unhappy about having all this extra time off around the holidays but I am right now in a position where I must make some crucial decisions.

I tried to build a career on creating multimedia presentations and putting together the technology for those presentations, and it turns out that most of the people who need media technology to help them persuade the public one way or another, are assholes.

I thought about journalism, but the newspapers are crumbling under the weight of the Internet, and I wouldn't know how to get paid for blogging. I have some Google ads on my blogs, but so far they have not paid a penny.

This blog has been floating around in Limbo for quite a while. It even had it's own website at one point, but I let it lapse for lack of activity.

Well now it's back. So, what I'm going to do is create a Google calendar and embed it into this blog. If I receive notices about job fairs or seminars, I'll try to keep the calendar up to date. I may add some other widgets such as Digg which can be quite helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment